affiliate marketing glossary
Marketing Your Blog 25 Great Tips You Need To Know
With so many blogs being created every day, it’s a mystery to many bloggers how to make their blog stand out. It’s simple. People want to read good content, and with good content comes ad revenue. Well, maybe it’s not that easy… We’ve finally unleashed the secrets of successful blog marketing. Do note that these are not guaranteed to increase your click-through ratios and they will not bring good karma to you or your ads.. If only.. Nonetheless, these tips should benefit your blog and make it more user-friendly, more easily accessible, and more content-enabled.
There are many types of blogs or purposes for blogs and a certain number of tactics are applicable to just about all of them, so here is a -short- list of tips for marketing and optimizing a blog:
1. Decide on a stand alone domain name www.myblog.com or directory of existing site www.mysite.com/blog. Sub domain is also an option blog.mysite.com. Avoid hosted services that do not allow you to use your own domain name!
2. Obtain and install customizable blog software – WordPress and Moveable Type are my favorites.
3. Customize blog look and feel templates – aka design.
4. Research keywords and develop a glossary – Keyword Discovery, WordTracker, SitePoint, SEOBook Keyword Research.
5. Optimize the blog:
* Template optimization – RSS subscription options, social bookmark links, HTML code, Unique title tags, URLs, Sitemap
* Add helper plugins specific to WordPress or MT
* Create keyword rich categories (reference your keyword glossary)
6. Enable automatic trackback and ping functionality.
7. Create Feedburner Pro account and enable feed tracking.
8. Setup Google acount for Sitemap, validate and prep for future submission.
9. Identify authoritative blogs, web sites and hubs for outbound resource links and blogroll.
10. Format archived posts, related posts.
11. Enable statistics for tracking – Performancing, Google Analytics, ClickTracks.
12. Submit RSS feed and Blog URL to prominent RSS and Blog directories / search engines.
13. Engage in an ongoing link building campaign.
14. If podcast or video content are available, submit to Podcast and Vlog directories.
15. Submit blog url to paid directories with categories for blogs – Yahoo, BOTW, bCentral, WOW, JoeAnt.
16. Optimize and distribute a press release announcing blog.
17. Request feedback or reviews of your blog in relevant forums, discussion threads. If you have a resourceful post that will help others, point to it.
18. Research and comment on relevant industry related blogs and blogs with significant centers of influence.
19. Post regularly. If it’s a news oriented blog, 3-5 times per day. If it’s an authoritative blog, 3-5 times per week, but each post must be unique and high value.
20. Monitor inbound links, traffic, comments and mentions of your blog – Google Alerts, Technorati, Blogpulse, Yahoo News, Ask Blogs and Feeds.
21. Always respond to comments on your blog and when you detect a mention of your blog on another blog, thank that blogger in the comments of the post.
22. Make contact with related bloggers on AND offline if possible.
23. When making blog posts always cite the source with a link and don’t be afraid to mention popular bloggers by name. Use keywords in the blog post title, in the body of the post and use anchor text when you link to previous posts you’ve made.
24. Use social networking services, forums and discussion threads to connect with other bloggers. If they like your stuff, they will link to you.
25. Remember when web sites were a new concept and the sage advice to print your web address everywhere you print your phone number? The same advice applies for your blog.
For more tips on monetizing your blog, affiliate marketing lessons, traffic tips, and product reviews visit: http://www.jaysonlinereviews.com
Informational Video On
Mobile Affiliate Marketing Glossary Part1
Affiliate’s Guide To Wealth And Success: Be A Super Affiliate With This Essential Guide That Trains You How To Be An Affiliate, How To Do Affiliate … For Your Guaranteed Online Business Success!
It is every Internet marketer’s dream of becoming what is classed in the industry as a Super Affiliate. For those of you that have absolutely no idea, an affiliate is someone that sells or promotes another person’s website or product and gets paid a commission for every sale he or she makes. Not only that but for every person that signs up underneath them in the affiliate program, they also ge…
How to Retire in 12 Months: Turning Passion into Profit
How to Retire in 12 Months is based on a personal challenge undertaken by Serena Star-Leonard to create an income that she could sustain working 1 day a week, from anywhere in the world. Revolutionising the concept of retirement, this book challenges how we view our lives, whilst giving a sense that many lifestyle opportunities are more attainable than we think. This book is the perfect mix of min…
Viral Explosions!: Proven Techniques to Expand, Explode, or Ignite Your Business or Brand Online
“Viral Explosions is remarkable! Remarkably written, remarkably researched, remarkably entertaining, remarkably surprising, and remarkably comprehensive for anyone who is determined to do what Peggy herself has done: achieved tremendous success in book selling, product development, and Internet marketing.”–Michael E. Gerber, author of The E-Myth books and The Most Successful Small Business In the…